Don’t waste that residual wood fired heat! Use that heat to make the most amazing wood fired slow roasted tomatoes. Perfect for your next pizza, pasta or vinaigrette. Not to mention an amazing condiment to have on hand.
- 8–10 plum tomatoes, or whatever you got, cut in half
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- olive oil, as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat wood fired oven to around 225-300° F.
- Arrange tomatoes cut side up in a pan or on a baking sheet.
- Place sprigs of thyme on top of tomatoes. Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 3-4 hours, until tomatoes are shriveled but still soft. Rotate the pan several times to cook the tomatoes evenly.
- Category: condiment
- Method: roast
Keywords: Slow Roasted Tomatoes