Welcome to your amazing salad course. Hot roasted orange cauliflower on it’s own is delicious. Combine it with roasted radicchio and the other contrasting flavors, textures and temperatures you wont look at cauliflower or salads the same ever again.
- 1 head orange cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- olive oil, as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- orange zest (save orange for Ticket Spike, Al pastor style, Chicken tacos)
- 1 radicchio, cut in half lengthwise
- 5 ounces arugula
- 3–5 ounces sunflower spouts
- Honeycrisp apple, julienned
- 2 tablespoon Zante currants, rehydrated
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2–3 tablespoon Tangerine Olive oil (you can use regular olive oil)
- 1–2 tablespoon Quince Vinegar (citrus champagne vinegar will also work)
- chive blossom
- Fleur de sel, for finishing
- Preheat wood-fired oven to around 700 Degrees. Preheat a cast iron pan or carbon steel pan.
- Toss the orange cauliflower in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to the preheated pan, toss and place back in the oven pretty close to the fire. Roast for two minutes.
- Zest the orange, press the cut face of the radicchio into the zest then with your fingers open up the leaves a bit and push the zest down in between. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the orange cauliflower from oven, toss, then add the radicchio with orange zest side facing out. Back into the oven close to the fire. Roast for 3-4 minutes, stopping halfway through to toss the orange cauliflower and turn the radicchio. Remove the orange cauliflower and continue to roast the radicchio for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the arugula, sunflower sprouts, julienned Honeycrisp apple, Zante currants and roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Remove the radicchio, toss the orange cauliflower in the hot pan to heat it up just a bit then add to the other ingredients. Rough chop the radicchio and add to the same bowl.
- Toss everything together with a squeeze of lemon juice, and the tangerine olive oil. Once thoroughly coated add the quince vinegar, toss again and transfer to serving plate.
- Finish with the chive blossom flowers, Fleur de sel and pepper.
- Category: salad
- Method: wood-fired, roasting
Keywords: Roasted Orange Cauliflower